Pioneer Productions, part of the Tinopolis Group has partnered with South Korean production company PAAN Media to launch joint venture company, Buzz Media.
Operating out of Seoul, Korea, the new production company will develop and produce a wide range of factual programming for UK, Korean and international broadcasters. From 4k natural history and science programming, to character-led access docs and factual entertainment formats. The company is already in advanced development for two landmark series for Korea and the global market.
Pioneer MD, Kirstie McLure will oversee operations and has appointed Patrick Youngtaek Suh as CEO to oversee the day-to-day running of the business.
Kirstie McLure, Managing Director of Pioneer Productions said, “Pioneer is incredibly excited to be entering into a joint venture with PAAN Media. Korea is such a dynamic and forward thinking market. Its talent base and CGI capabilities are incredible and they are way ahead of the game in terms of 4k, making it the perfect time to form a bridge between the two territories. Creating innovative factual content is in our DNA and working with PAAN Media over the past year on Treasures of the Earth has really opened our eyes to the opportunities available to create and harness more synergy. Not only will the joint venture compliment everything that Pioneer is doing with content, it will also take us to new technological frontiers and cement our presence in Asia.”
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020