Pioneer Productions, part of the Tinopolis Group has partnered with South Korean production company PAAN Media to launch joint venture company, Buzz Media.
Operating out of Seoul, Korea, the new production company will develop and produce a wide range of factual programming for UK, Korean and international broadcasters. From 4k natural history and science programming, to character-led access docs and factual entertainment formats. The company is already in advanced development for two landmark series for Korea and the global market.
Pioneer MD, Kirstie McLure will oversee operations and has appointed Patrick Youngtaek Suh as CEO to oversee the day-to-day running of the business.
Kirstie McLure, Managing Director of Pioneer Productions said, “Pioneer is incredibly excited to be entering into a joint venture with PAAN Media. Korea is such a dynamic and forward thinking market. Its talent base and CGI capabilities are incredible and they are way ahead of the game in terms of 4k, making it the perfect time to form a bridge between the two territories. Creating innovative factual content is in our DNA and working with PAAN Media over the past year on Treasures of the Earth has really opened our eyes to the opportunities available to create and harness more synergy. Not only will the joint venture compliment everything that Pioneer is doing with content, it will also take us to new technological frontiers and cement our presence in Asia.”
- GoDaddy and AXN launch Philippine reality show to jump-start Filipino entrepreneurs 52 views | posted on August 13, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 50 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Grabyo supports Mediacorp in providing multi-platform coverage of the Singapore General Election 2020 39 views | posted on August 11, 2020
- Viddsee announces content partnership with Indonesia’s RCTI+ 31 views | posted on August 12, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020