Bloomberg Media Group has appointed Owen Franks as executive producer for Bloomberg Television Philippines. He joins from Al Jazeera where he worked as executive producer across its bureaus in Qatar, New York and San Francisco, and where he launched its 24-hour American news service and digital youth channel. Owen brings over 15 years of experience in broadcast, having also worked at the British Broadcasting Corporation as a senior producer in London. Now based in Manila, Owen will be responsible for editorial direction and all aspects of news programming and operations for Bloomberg TV Philippines.
In March 2015, Bloomberg Television announced a partnership with Cignal TV, Inc., a media company in the Philippines, to create Bloomberg Television Philippines, the country’s first 24-hour business news channel.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 81 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 72 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 60 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 59 views | posted on December 1, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020