Lodging with Lions’ follows The Lion Conservation Project
Mumbai − Lions once roamed from the southern tip of Africa all the way to northwestern India. But today, their populations have declined drastically in Africa. Since 1975, 80-90% of the African lion population has been decimated, due to hunting, habitat loss, and disease. Several efforts are on-going to help save these animals, which play an important role in the food chain and Africa’s ecosystem.
There is a place in Africa where you can walk with lions. Where you can be part of the pride. And this is exactly what a group of volunteers are doing, as they take part in a unique conservation programme at Zimbabwe’s Antelope Park. Animal Planet’s new series Lodging With Lions follows the volunteers as they venture into the lions’ domain and find out more about these majestic animals – from how they hunt and stalk their prey, to how they play and nurture their young. This July, Lodging With Lions airs on Animal Planet, every Monday to Friday at 9pm.
At Antelope Park, Zimbabwe, a group of volunteers from all over the world have signed up for a unique conservation programme, which is part of the efforts of the African Lion and Environmental Research Trust (ALERT). For their own safety and survival, the volunteers must first learn how to read a lion’s posture, how to approach the lions in a non-threatening manner, and what to do when faced with a dangerous situation. Dan Matthews, who heads the volunteer programme, then introduces the volunteers to the lions affectionately known as the ‘Ds’ and the ‘Rs’. Over the course of two weeks, the volunteers will observe the lions, walk with them, watch them feed their cubs, follow them on hunts, and even tag them with microchips to obtain invaluable data which could help save lion populations. They also witness firsthand the devastating effects of poaching, and discover that in the African bush there are other dangers apart from wild beasts.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020