Beverly Hills – Starz CEO, Chris Albrecht, announced that Jeffrey A. Hirsch will join the company on July 20, 2015 in the newly created position of President of Global Marketing and Product Planning. Hirsch will be based in the company’s Beverly Hills offices and report to Albrecht.
Hirsch’s responsibilities will include overseeing the development of new Starz products and services for the company’s current and prospective new distributors, both domestic and abroad. Hirsch will be working in close coordination with the company’s strategy, distribution, marketing, and product planning teams with a focus on optimizing worldwide sales and revenue growth efforts and increasing Starz brand awareness through the company’s expanding portfolio of original programming.
Hirsch arrives at Starz after most recently serving as Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Residential Services at Time Warner Cable. In this senior executive role since 2011, Hirsch was responsible for all Time Warner Cable corporate marketing activities to the company’s residential customers. Hirsch first joined Time Warner Cable in 1999, and served in various executive roles including responsibilities in strategic product development for the Time Warner Cable iPad app, and serving as President for Residential Services in the Time Warner Cable New York City, Los Angeles, and Rochester, NY regions. Prior to that, Hirsch’s past experiences included stints at NYNEX Corporation in product bundling and McCann-Erickson in advertising.
“Jeff comes to Starz with sterling credentials and a proven, multi-discipline background in our industry that should prove to be a great asset. This is a period of rapid change in the total media business ecosystem and one of tremendous worldwide opportunity at Starz thanks to our successful transformation as a company,” said Albrecht. “Jeff’s experience as a successful cable operator with one of our largest distributors, and his talents in marketing, product development and planning, sales, and operations, make him a great addition to our executive ranks.”
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 50 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 45 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 45 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 43 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020