Bermuda – ABS and FSM Telecommunications Corporation (FSMTC) announced that they have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder deal on ABS-6, C-band. The capacity agreement will provide internet connectivity to support FSMTC’s growing business.
The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) is an independent sovereign island nation consisting of four states: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae in the West Pacific Ocean. FSMTC is a public corporation established by the FSM to provide all telecommunications services.
FSMTC will use the satellite capacity on ABS-6 to connect Pohnpei to the other 3 states and one of its neighbouring islands, Ulithi. The much needed internet connectivity will support commercial, government entities as well as serving educational institutions and communities bringing economic and social benefits.
FSM is subjected to climate changes and disasters such as typhoons and reliability of service is extremely vital. The ABS’ C-band service is an advantage over other solutions with minimal inference from severe weather conditions. This service will offer crucial communications to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is readily available.
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 30 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 30 views | posted on September 24, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020