Bermuda – ABS and FSM Telecommunications Corporation (FSMTC) announced that they have signed a multi-year, multi-transponder deal on ABS-6, C-band. The capacity agreement will provide internet connectivity to support FSMTC’s growing business.
The Federated States of Micronesia (FSM) is an independent sovereign island nation consisting of four states: Yap, Chuuk, Pohnpei and Kosrae in the West Pacific Ocean. FSMTC is a public corporation established by the FSM to provide all telecommunications services.
FSMTC will use the satellite capacity on ABS-6 to connect Pohnpei to the other 3 states and one of its neighbouring islands, Ulithi. The much needed internet connectivity will support commercial, government entities as well as serving educational institutions and communities bringing economic and social benefits.
FSM is subjected to climate changes and disasters such as typhoons and reliability of service is extremely vital. The ABS’ C-band service is an advantage over other solutions with minimal inference from severe weather conditions. This service will offer crucial communications to ensure that the necessary infrastructure is readily available.
- Flame bids farewell to its founder John Caldon 67 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- U-NEXT enters licensing partnership with ViacomCBS for a selection of new series from SHOWTIME® to premiere in Japan 60 views | posted on February 22, 2021
- Disney+ officially starts streaming in Singapore on 23 February 60 views | posted on February 24, 2021
- ‘Tales of Arcadia: 3Below’ premieres on DreamWorks on 1 March 57 views | posted on February 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020