First Dreamworks TV Channel Across 19 Countries in Asia
Glendale, CA/Singapore – DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (Nasdaq: DWA) announced that it plans to launch a 24/7 kids and family television channel across 19 countries in Asia. The DreamWorks channel represents the first time that the company’s must-see content will be aggregated in one place, fully programmed and distributed by DreamWorks. The channel will premiere with more original content than any other kids channel in the region. Singapore-based HBO Asia will manage affiliate sales and marketing as well as technical services for the new channel.
“The DreamWorks channel will bring our premiere shows – great humour and stories, imaginative worlds and, of course, the highest quality animation – to audiences across Asia through a new DreamWorks-branded platform,” said Eric Ellenbogen, Co-Head of DreamWorks International TV. “Audiences in the region have always embraced our content and now they can engage with their favorite DreamWorks characters -as well as new ones – where and when they choose, across multiple-screens and in local languages.”
The launch of the DreamWorks channel complements the company’s expanding television production and distribution initiatives, and represents an important step in the company’s strategy to distribute its TV content to as many viewers, in as many regions, and in as many ways as possible. The channel will leverage over 2000 hours of existing DreamWorks TV content in addition to more than 1,200 half-hours of original animation the company currently has in production.
- A+E Networks Korea’s first Korean drama series ‘Backstreet Rookie’ hits international popularity 9,074 views | posted on July 31, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 78 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Singapore, now streaming on Netflix on National Day 62 views | posted on July 29, 2020
- Raven Capital and Coconuts are teaming up for a slate of unscripted pilots from Asia 49 views | posted on July 31, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020