Mumbai – This August 15, Animal Planet adds new flavour to its most celebrated programming line-up Yeh Mera India. Commemorating the 69th year of India’s Independence, Animal Planet will launch a new campaign taking viewers on an exotic journey to explore some of the rarely seen and endangered wildlife of the country.
Travelling across the Himalayan Mountains, down the mighty River Ganges to the rainforests of Shola and the Western Ghats, the month-long programming line-up Yeh Mera India will intrigue viewers to relish India’s incredible wildlife and its pristine natural beauty.
In celebration of the spectacular wildlife, Animal Planet will launch a new Yeh Mera India Anthem, composed by popular Bollywood composers, the Meet Brothers. Aiming to capture youth and sensitise viewers about the dazzling array of fauna found in the country, the three-minute multi-lingual anthem has passionate lyrics, vibrant choreography and mesmerising performances. Choreographed by Feroz Khan, directed by Vishal Punjabi and sung by Meet Brothers, Shibani Kashyap and Neha Bhasin, the composition is in three most widely spoken languages – Hindi, Tamil and Bangla, is melodious and peppy.
Premiering August 15, every night at 8pm, Yeh Mera India will showcase how India, which is home to over a billion people, supports a fantastic variety of wildlife. It brings a realistic and hopeful picture amongst the complex human-wildlife interactions.
The month-long programming will offer insights into how some of the endangered animals like the elephant, the guar (Indian bison), the nilgiri tahr, the sambhar (the largest of Indian deer), abound in the lush forests are vulnerable owing to urban development, habitat destruction and poaching. It also projects illustrious works of renowned conservationists and experts like Valmik Thapar, Dr. Ullas Karanth, Jeremy Wade, Steve Backshall, and Niall McCann who have been exploring and supporting the conservation of wildlife in India.
Rahul Johri, EVP and GM – South Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific said “Yeh Mera India is an initiative to build viewers’ interest and pride in the wildlife of India. The programming will reveal the magnificent natural heritage and will inspire audience to preserve it for future generations.”
Renowned Bollywood composer and singer Manmeet Singh said, “Yeh Mera India anthem is a vibrant song which is reminiscent of the rich wildlife and unparalleled natural beauty of this country. It’s a musical tribute to the independence of animals.”
Leading Bollywood composer Harmeet Singh added, “Dedicated to the splendid animal kingdom, Yeh Mera India’s Party in the Jungle theme for this anthem is both sensational and celebratory. The soundtrack is designed to match the progressive state of mind of today’s youth.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 64 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 50 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 34 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 32 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020