Zodiak Kids announced that it will produce a new 52 x11’ animated series for Lagardère’s Gulli in France and DeAgostini’s Super in Italy. Zodiak Kids Studios is set to co-produce Magiki with DeAgostini Publishing, Asian studio Animasia in Malaysia, Rainbow in Italy (the producer of The Winx Club) and Planeta in Spain. Magiki is based on a range of figurines produced by DeAgostini and sold in blind bags in kiosks across Europe. It was launched in 2009 and is made up of 11 collections of 120 characters based on the Magiki world with over 17 million products sold to date.
The 52 x 11’ series will start production this summer for delivery in 2016/2017. It will be produced by Télé Images Productions, one of Zodiak Kids Studios French production companies
Magiki is for a target age range of 4-7 year olds and tells the story of what happens when a little girl in the everyday world steps into a world where she is the princess, not because of a birthright, but because of what’s in her heart. The series focuses on the adventures of a girl named Ginger who, with a magic key, enters into a magical kingdom populated by animals, mermaids, unicorns, and elves. These subjects depend upon Ginger’s compassion and judgment, even if it is sometimes flawed, to bring stability to an otherwise silly kingdom.
The production will be overseen by Eryk Casemiro, Chief Creative Officer Zodiak Kids Studios, and Benoît Runel, Managing Director for Zodiak Kids Studios France. Executive Producers for Animasia are Edmund Chan, Managing Director, and Raye Lee, Executive Director of Animasia Studio.
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 217 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 91 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 77 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 49 views | posted on April 12, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020