Urban Movie Channel announced they have acquired a multi-year license of over 40 hours of urban-themed content from Starz Digital to be debuted on the channel over the summer.
“We are excited to have acquired an array of titles from Starz Digital that will bolster our UMC content library,” said Angela Northington, RLJ Entertainment’s SVP of Urban Content Acquisitions. “This package is comprised of titles ranging from comedy and drama to action/thriller and documentary. It is in line with what our Chairman, Bob Johnson, has envisioned for growing the UMC digital channel,” she concluded.
Mara Winokur, Senior Vice President at Starz Digital commented, “Starz Digital is always seeking new opportunities to identify relationships with distributors on emerging digital platforms. This recent UMC agreement brings strong titles from our portfolio of urban library programming with an on-target digital outlet that is a great match for the content.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 100 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 62 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 42 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Netflix action-thriller ‘6 Underground’ becomes the first movie to receive a rebate for outsourcing its visual effects to Malaysia 39 views | posted on October 19, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020