Stan to be Australian home of STARZ’s biggest shows
Stan and Starz Digital, the global digital and on-demand licensing and content syndication arm of Starz, extended their partnership with a licensing agreement that brings to Stan the exclusive Australian premiere of the hit TV series Power, plus the highly anticipated horror franchise TV adaptation Ash vs Evil Dead and the ballet drama Flesh & Bone.
The premiere of Power Season 2 broke ratings records for STARZ. The first two episodes of Season 2, and the entire first season, premiered exclusively on Stan on 14 June. New episodes will be made available every Sunday within hours of the initial U.S. broadcast.
From executive producer and star Curtis “50 Cent” Jackson and show creator Courtney Kemp Agboh (The Good Wife), the crime drama Power is set in two different worlds − the glamorous New York club scene and the city’s brutal drug trade.
Fans have waited more than two decades for a follow-up to the cult horror franchise, The Evil Dead. The original filmmakers Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell and Rob Tapert have reunited for a TV adaptation, Ash vs Evil Dead, which will be available exclusively on Stan the same day as the U.S. broadcast. Currently in production in New Zealand, Ash vs Evil Dead is expected to premiere late in 2015, with the first episode co-written and directed by Sam Raimi.
Also exclusive to Stan in November is the highly anticipated Flesh and Bone, an eight-hour limited series created by Emmy® Award-winning Breaking Bad writer and co-executive producer, Moira Walley-Beckett. The first episode will be directed by Australian filmmaker David Michôd (Animal Kingdom, The Rover). Flesh and Bone is a dark, gritty, complex series that unflinchingly explores the dysfunction and glamour of the ballet world and the inherent drama of New York City.
The agreement also includes the entire 10-hour limited series of the critically acclaimed drama The White Queen, which will be available from August. The deal adds to Stan’s lineup of award-winning first-run and SVOD exclusive shows, as well as existing STARZ original programming including Spartacus, Party Down and Magic City.
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 54 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Watch features and short films for free at the inaugural True Colors Film Festival 50 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- all3media international announces pre-sales to five continents for new Russell T. Davies drama ‘It’s A Sin’ 48 views | posted on November 20, 2020
- Winsing Animation spotlights its new IP at the ATF 41 views | posted on November 23, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020