Singapore – The third edition of Nickelodeon Slime Cup, Singapore’ slimiest integrated kids’ sports festival held at venue partner Downtown East, on 6 and 7 June, drew more than 8,000 kids and their families who spent the weekend taking part in a host of SEA Games (South East Asian Games)-inspired activities, a few of which featured Nickelodeon’s trademark green slime. An approximate 5,000 litres of slime were produced over the course of only one weekend!
Presented by Singtel TV and sponsored by Pilot Pen and Vitagen, the free-play event aimed to promote active living through fun for kids and their families.
Following the traditions of the SEA Games, the Nickelodeon Slime Cup had Opening and Closing Ceremonies that featured Nickelodeon’s all-time favourite characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Dora the Explorer, Diego, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all appearing on one stage.
The highlight of this year’s event was the Soccer Showdown challenge which saw a total of 12 lucky winners taking home Nickelodeon Slime Cup Gold medals and sponsored goodies to commemorate their ‘slime-tastic’ achievements.
The game stations showcased activities featured in the ongoing 28th SEA Games, and were represented by Nickelodeon show characters, such as “Chip-py Triathlon” with Nickelodeon’s newest characters from ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks and “Dora’s Tee Par-ty” from Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and “Oggy’s Shootout” with Oggy from Oggy and the Cockroaches.
“Judging from the feedback received, it’s possibly our best ‘slime-tastic’ edition of Nickelodeon Slime Cup! We were thrilled to see kids and their parents enjoying themselves at our SEA-Games inspired activities. The event, in its third year, is testament to our continued commitment to promote active and healthy living through one of the largest integrated kids’ sports festivals in Singapore. This slime fun has certainly become a fan favourite during their June holidays.” said Ms Syahrizan Mansor, Vice President, Nickelodeon Brand, Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.
Highlights of the fun family weekend Nickelodeon Slime Cup event included:
- An Opening Ceremony where kids and their families gathered at the stage to see all their favourite characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Dora the Explorer, Diego, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles appearing one after another on one stage, followed by a fun dance and sing-along session
- Meet-and-Greet Sessions with Nickelodeon characters such as SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Sports activities and challenges inspired by the ongoing SEA Games which included Nickelodeon’s trademark slime
- A Kids’ Zone where little ones got instant tattoos and their faces painted
- Kids had the time of their lives on the epic Slime Throne getting drenched in slime and were able to take home pictures of this memorable experience
- Soccer Showdown – the festival’s main competition saw a total of 12 winners who participated in the different soccer challenges
- Kids took home fun Nickelodeon Goodie Bags and the instant photo giveaway captured all their memorable slimy moments
- The Closing Ceremony included the amazing prize presentation for the Soccer Showdown challenge with sliming of the winners and a surprise appearance by SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Dora the Explorer, Diego, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Aside from having hosted the Nickelodeon Slime Cup, Downtown East is also organising the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dojo Experience for the first time in Singapore, in partnership with Nickelodeon. The event takes place at Downtown East’s Event Square until 28 June. This interactive event is set in the Dojo training grounds of the Turtles and families and kids can explore the training grounds and participate in a series of secret ninja activities.
The unique Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Dojo Experience that will run until the end of this month includes the following:
- Games and activity stations for kids from age six where they have the opportunity to test their courage, teamwork, accuracy and agility through a variety of Turtles-themed games
- Meet-and-Greet Sessions on the weekends with the different Turtles
- Merchandise area – The public can purchase a variety of Nickelodeon, primarily Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles merchandise.
Fans who were unable to catch SpongeBob SquarePants last weekend at the Nickelodeon Slime Cup still have one more opportunity to see their all-time favourite character on stage. As part of the Great Singapore Sale from 29 May till 26 July, VivoCity will present the SpongeBob SquarePants live show at its Central Court from 1 to 14 June – free for all shoppers!