Slimiest weekend at the third Nickelodeon Slime Cup
Singapore – The third edition of Nickelodeon Slime Cup, Singapore’ slimiest integrated kids’ sports festival held at venue partner Downtown East, on 6 and 7 June, drew more than 8,000 kids and their families who spent the weekend taking part in a host of SEA Games (South East Asian Games)-inspired activities, a few of which featured Nickelodeon’s trademark green slime. An approximate 5,000 litres of slime were produced over the course of only one weekend!
Presented by Singtel TV and sponsored by Pilot Pen and Vitagen, the free-play event aimed to promote active living through fun for kids and their families.
Following the traditions of the SEA Games, the Nickelodeon Slime Cup had Opening and Closing Ceremonies that featured Nickelodeon’s all-time favourite characters SpongeBob SquarePants, Patrick Star, Dora the Explorer, Diego, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles all appearing on one stage.
The highlight of this year’s event was the Soccer Showdown challenge which saw a total of 12 lucky winners taking home Nickelodeon Slime Cup Gold medals and sponsored goodies to commemorate their ‘slime-tastic’ achievements.
The game stations showcased activities featured in the ongoing 28th SEA Games, and were represented by Nickelodeon show characters, such as “Chip-py Triathlon” with Nickelodeon’s newest characters from ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks and “Dora’s Tee Par-ty” from Dora and Friends: Into the City!, and “Oggy’s Shootout” with Oggy from Oggy and the Cockroaches.
“Judging from the feedback received, it’s possibly our best ‘slime-tastic’ edition of Nickelodeon Slime Cup! We were thrilled to see kids and their parents enjoying themselves at our SEA-Games inspired activities. The event, in its third year, is testament to our continued commitment to promote active and healthy living through one of the largest integrated kids’ sports festivals in Singapore. This slime fun has certainly become a fan favourite during their June holidays.” said Ms Syahrizan Mansor, Vice President, Nickelodeon Brand, Asia, Viacom International Media Networks.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 114 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 86 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 54 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- On Viu in August: Latest releases include three K-drama series, award-winning Indonesian films 43 views | posted on August 11, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020