Toronto, Canada – 9 Story Media Group is pleased to announce the appointment of Germany’s Super RTL to represent merchandising across Germany, Austria, and Switzerland for Peg + Cat, the four-time Emmy®-winning animated series for preschoolers co-produced by The Fred Rogers Company and 9 Story Media Group.
Super RTL, which has been airing the popular series since August 2014, is planning a full range of hard and soft lines for the brand and has already signed its first home entertainment deal. Sony Music Entertainment Germany is slated to launch Peg +Cat on DVD in the territory later this fall.
HiHat Media was recently appointed as the U.S. agent for the property, while 9 Story manages licensing for the brand internationally. A book series from Candlewick Press is on its way in the U.S. market this fall, with the debut title, Peg + Cat, The Race Car Problem. PBS Distribution launched a line of DVDs in the U.S. in 2014 with three new releases planned for this year. Internationally, home entertainment partners include eOne in Canada and ABC Commercial in Australia. More Peg + Cat licensees will be announced soon.
In addition to its most recent Emmy Award this year for “Outstanding Writing in a Preschool Animated Programme,” the series has been honoured with Emmys for “Outstanding Pre-School Children’s Animated Programme,” “Outstanding Performer in an Animated Programme” and “Outstanding Individual Achievement in Production Design.” Peg + Cat has also earned four Kidscreen awards as well as a Parents’ Choice Gold Award, and the Peg + Cat Big Gig App has earned a Parents’ Choice Silver Honour.
With relatable and funny adventures filled with upbeat music, the series has garnered a large and growing audience across broadcast and digital platforms. One of the top five kids shows across all major kids networks for the 2-5-year-old set and in the top 10 among moms with kids under 3, Peg + Cat attracts more than 7 million viewers each month. The series, which has proven to be a solid performer across all platforms where it is available, also draws upwards of 20 million video streams per month.
- Zee5 Global rolls out a content-packed July with new movies, TV shows, and direct-to-digital movies 104 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- 5 reasons why AXN’s ‘Lincoln Rhyme: Hunt for the Bone Collector’ needs to be on your watchlist 55 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia 55 views | posted on July 7, 2020
- The Singapore High Court has blocked dozens of illicit streaming sites 50 views | posted on July 8, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020