Los Angeles, CA – Norman Horowitz, 82, the legendary former President/CEO of MGM/UA Telecommunications, a top executive at other major entertainment companies and one of the most respected, revered, loved and talented executives, passed away of a heart attack at his home in Beverly Hills on Tuesday.
A native of the Bronx who enlisted in the Air Force during the Korean War, Mr. Horowitz began his exemplary career in global television at Screen Gems in 1956 as an assistant in the editing room, rising through the ranks at Columbia Pictures Television with a brief break to go to CBS/Viacom from 1968-70 before returning to Columbia. There, he became President of the television group until leaving the company in 1976. He then became the Founder of Polygram Television and, later, President/CEO of MGM/UA Telecommunications in the mid-1980s.
Known for his wit, incredible deal savvy and a global network of industry executives and friends, Mr. Horowitz was often referred to as “the best distribution man in the business.” He was an innovator, a true storyteller and will be remembered for his incredible loyalty and integrity, both in his professional and personal life.
Mr. Horowitz is survived by his son, Steven G. Horowitz, daughter-in-law Katie Danziger and their children, Jake, Jilly and Josie; his daughter, Eileen Horowitz Bastianelli and her daughters, Lola and Maya; and his ex-wife, Florence Horowitz.
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 107 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 81 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 67 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020