Toronto, Canada − Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana is thrilled to announce that an array of industry-leading partners have joined forces on the brand-new, wholly original Girls Action series, Mysticons, which will make its global debut in 2017.
Playmates Toys, the innovative toy company behind the monumental success of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, will act as the global master toy partner for Mysticons, while Nickelodeon will serve as the global broadcast partner, including in the U.S. Nelvana Studio is actively developing the franchise and will begin production of the series later this year, working closely with the core group of partners including The Topps Company, which was acquired by Michael Eisner’s Tornante Company and Madison Dearborn Partners in 2007. Mysticons is written by veteran kids series writer Sean Jara (RedaKai, Hot Wheels: Battle Force 5, The League of Super Evil, Naturally Sadie).
“We’re incredibly excited to have this group of A-list partners join us on our Mysticons adventure,” said Andrew Kerr, Co-Head, Nelvana. “We’re thrilled to be at the leading edge of this new genre, and collaborating with world-class brand partners like Nickelodeon, The Topps Company and Playmates on Mysticons gives us every confidence in the franchise’s future success.”
“I am very pleased that Topps is working with Nelvana to bring Mysticons to animated life” said Michael Eisner, Founder of The Tornante Company and principle owner of Topps. “We are all excited to be partners with Nickelodeon and Playmates as we move forward.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 88 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 48 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 33 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020