The Board of 21st Century Fox has announced a series of senior management changes, which will take effect 1 July. Rupert Murdoch, the Company’s founder and Chairman and CEO, together with Lachlan Murdoch, currently Co-Chairman, will become Executive Co-Chairmen. Chase Carey, the Company’s Deputy Chairman, President and COO since 2009, will become the Executive Vice Chairman and serve in that role through 30 June 2016. James Murdoch, currently Co-Chief Operating Officer, will become Chief Executive Officer.
Alongside these changes, the Company’s corporate functions, and its global television and film operations will now jointly report to Lachlan and James Murdoch.
Rupert Murdoch said, “It has always been our priority to ensure stable, long term leadership for the Company, and these appointments achieve that goal. Lachlan and James are each talented and accomplished executives and together, we, as shareholders and partners, will strive to take our company to new levels of growth and opportunity at a time of dynamic change in our industry.”
He added, “I can’t thank Chase Carey enough for his friendship, counsel and leadership over the past decades. He will be actively engaged in supporting Lachlan and James as they step in to their new roles.”
Chase Carey said, “I am grateful to Rupert for giving me the opportunity of a lifetime and truly believe there isn’t a Company out there that’s more exciting, with more growth potential, than 21st Century Fox. I look forward to continuing to work with Rupert to support Lachlan and James in their new positions.”
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020