Kuala Lumpur – iflix, together with Vimond Media Solutions announced plans to establish a jointly operated development centre in Kuala Lumpur. The Global Centre of Excellence (“Centre”), will be staffed with significant technical development resources, global Product Management and R&D teams aimed at breaking ground in the way consumers watch television in a mobile first environment.
The Centre will pull from both companies’ wealth of expertise developing back-end and front-end software solutions, as well as their unique understanding of the market and the rapidly changing landscape of web TV services. With a focus on creating innovative TV products for iflix’s rapidly growing Southeast Asian customer base, and further extending the capabilities and scalability of the modular and adaptive nature of Vimond’s Media Platform solution, the companies look to immediately recruit the best talent both locally and internationally across fields, including architecture, web and mobile development, cloud and infrastructure, automation, data science, IT operations, and research and development.
iflix Group CTO, Ash Crick commented, “With this initiative, we aim to provide an attractive return path for highly-skilled Malaysians who have been studying and working overseas. It is our intention to increase the “Brain Gain” in Southeast Asia, particularly Malaysia through creating exciting opportunities for skillful individuals from around the globe to join us in revolutionising the entertainment industry.”
“Vimond is the ideal innovation partner for iflix. We have established a fantastic working synergy through launching our service and we look forward to developing that partnership further. The compatibility of our business cultures and ambitions to make a real impact in this industry was conducive towards a deeper collaboration to bring true innovation to this space,” continued Crick.
Helge Høibraaten, CEO of Vimond Media Solutions commented, “I see the Vimond and iflix visions of the future as strongly aligned. By offering a premium TV experience at an affordable price to a young and diverse population, we can make a substantial difference, for the audiences and the industry.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020