Singapore – HISTORY® launches Alone, the boldest and longest survival experiment ever captured for television, slated to premiere 22 June. The ten-episode series places ten hardcore survivalists alone in the Vancouver Island wilderness – no camera crew, no teams, no producers – on a single mission to stay alive. At stake is $500,000 awarded to the person who can last the longest. Alone will also air as a synchronised global TV event, airing in over 200 territories worldwide on HISTORY and other channels from the A+E Networks’ portfolio.
Carrying only what they can fit in a backpack, the survivalists are completely separated from one another in harsh, unforgiving terrain to hunt, build shelters and fend off predators. They will face extreme isolation and psychological distress as they plunge into the unknown, self documenting their experience. Alone is the ultimate test of man’s will to survive.
“We have seen survival shows before but never this extreme,” said Michele Schofield, SVP, Programming & Production, A+E Networks® Asia. “Our series has no gimmicks or camera crews. It’s an enthralling experience to witness the challenges of survival in the wild and see the very real psychological challenges of being truly alone for an extended period.”
- CJ ENM Hong Kong partners with iQIYI International to bring tvN movies SVOD service regionally 103 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- MediaHub Australia celebrates 10th year anniversary with more success and services 79 views | posted on August 7, 2020
- Multiple-award winning Thai film ‘Bad Genius’ has been turned into a 12-part series on Dimsum Entertainment’s platform 63 views | posted on August 6, 2020
- David Elder appointed GM at Silver Trak Digital New Zealand 51 views | posted on August 7, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020