It’s a finale that will forever be remembered on Philippine television as hit romantic drama Forevermore bid goodbye on-air with more than half of Filipino viewers nationwide tuning in to it on 22 May.
According to data from Kantar Media, Forevermore got a national audience share of 63% vs its rival programme with only 26%. The ABS-CBN-produced series also scored a national TV rating of 39.3% overnight, the highest recorded national TV rating on Philippine television so far for this year.
The hashtag #ForevermoreFinale took Twitter by storm as it trended worldwide.
Viewers watched how Xander (Enrique Gil) and Agnes (Liza Soberano) committed to love each other forever, with Xander proposing marriage to Agnes right before she left for Japan to study. This romantic moment also answered the question long been asked by hopeless romantic fans: Does “forever” really exist when it comes to love?
Forevermore premiered on Philippine television in October 2014. Since its pilot telecast, the show had been a consistent top rater and was always among the top three most-watched programmes in the country every weeknight.
Aside from its feel-good romantic story, the other factors that made Forevermore a success include the effective on-screen chemistry of lead stars Enrique and Liza and the directorial excellence of Cathy Garcia-Molina, who has directed several box-office movies in the Philippines.
- GMA News and GMA Public Affairs are the top online news outlets in the Philippines 177 views | posted on August 4, 2020
- New young adult basketball mini-series ‘Fly The Jumper’ broke record viewerships 110 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- Astro: Agility in adapting to the new world 101 views | posted on August 3, 2020
- ABP News lights up the weekends with a slew of fresh programming 41 views | posted on August 3, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia posted on July 7, 2020