It’s a finale that will forever be remembered on Philippine television as hit romantic drama Forevermore bid goodbye on-air with more than half of Filipino viewers nationwide tuning in to it on 22 May.
According to data from Kantar Media, Forevermore got a national audience share of 63% vs its rival programme with only 26%. The ABS-CBN-produced series also scored a national TV rating of 39.3% overnight, the highest recorded national TV rating on Philippine television so far for this year.
The hashtag #ForevermoreFinale took Twitter by storm as it trended worldwide.
Viewers watched how Xander (Enrique Gil) and Agnes (Liza Soberano) committed to love each other forever, with Xander proposing marriage to Agnes right before she left for Japan to study. This romantic moment also answered the question long been asked by hopeless romantic fans: Does “forever” really exist when it comes to love?
Forevermore premiered on Philippine television in October 2014. Since its pilot telecast, the show had been a consistent top rater and was always among the top three most-watched programmes in the country every weeknight.
Aside from its feel-good romantic story, the other factors that made Forevermore a success include the effective on-screen chemistry of lead stars Enrique and Liza and the directorial excellence of Cathy Garcia-Molina, who has directed several box-office movies in the Philippines.
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 132 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Period drama ‘Last Madame’ named Best Digital Fiction Series at the 25th Asian Television Awards 115 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Anchor-turned-actor Ivan Tai cast in RTM miniseries ‘A.I in Love’ with Janna Nick and Dini Shcatzmann 105 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- ‘The Witch of Kings Cross’ to be released worldwide on Amazon, iTunes, Vimeo, and GooglePlay on 9 February 77 views | posted on January 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020