Super Junior revealed as first performer for KCON USA
Seoul, Korea – Super Junior has been announced as the first addition to the Los Angeles line-up for KCON 2015 USA, presented by Toyota. More artists will be announced in the coming month before tickets go on sale in June. The announcement was made during #KCONLiveChat, which airs every Thursday at 5:30pm leading up to the convention on KCON’s YouTube channel.
KCON USA, the largest fan convention in North America dedicated to all aspects of Korean entertainment and beyond was just named by FUSE as one of the “22 Best Music Festivals of 2015” and will be expanding this year in Los Angeles from two to three days of convention to take place on 31 July − 2August. Two of those days will consist of giant concerts at the Staples Center in Downtown Los Angeles. In past years, the KCON stage has been graced by big-name artists such as G-Dragon, Missy Elliott, Girls Generation, EXO, BTS and so many more. Having grown every year in star power and attendance since its launch in 2012, KCON 2015 LA edition is set to be the biggest event yet. One week later on 8 August, will bring KCON to the New York metro area for the first time, with those line-ups still to be revealed.
Super Junior debuted in 2005 with 12 members under SM Entertainment and went on to be at the forefront of the Hallyu wave. After many successful singles, the band skyrocketed to fame in 2009 with the massive R&B hit “Sorry, Sorry.” By consistently reinventing their musical style from R&B to even electropop, each successive Super Junior album including their latest, Mamacita (2014), has topped the charts in Korea within days of its release. Currently, the group is the only Korean band to hold the title of best-selling Korean artists for three years consecutively (2011-2014) and to have had the distinction of performing 100 concerts worldwide. U.S. fans haven’t seen Super Junior perform here since 2012 and the KCON 2015 LA edition will be a chance to see the uber-popular boy band before additional members enlist in the army for compulsory national service.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 85 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 75 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 72 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 50 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020