Richard Plepler to receive International Emmy Directorate Award
New York – Richard Plepler, the Chairman & CEO of Home Box Office, Inc. will receive the 2015 International Emmy Directorate Award, on 23 November. Plepler presides over the world’s most successful pay-TV service, providing HBO and Cinemax to over 127 million subscribers worldwide.
“Richard Plepler is a dynamic and visionary programmer and strategist,” said Bruce L. Paisner, President & CEO of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. “He has masterfully navigated the bridge between old and new media, and today with HBO NOW, he has made HBO one of the preeminent companies in the OTT space.”
As Chairman and CEO, Plepler is responsible for HBO’s overall management. Under Plepler’s leadership, HBO’s original productions continue to raise the bar with such innovative and critically acclaimed programming including: Girls, Veep, True Detective, Boardwalk Empire, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver and Game of Thrones. HBO and Cinemax programming is sold into over 150 countries worldwide.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 103 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- ZEE5 Global unveils its sixth Bangladeshi Original web series ‘Ladies & Gentlemen’ 47 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- AXN Asia launches its first-ever crime thriller podcast ‘Fey Hollow: The Fairy Tale Murders’ 44 views | posted on June 16, 2021
- K-drama lead actor Song Seon-Heon returns with a new investigative crime drama ‘Voice 4’ on tvN 39 views | posted on June 18, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020