Singapore – Documentary producers in Singapore are set for an opportunity of a lifetime with FOX Formats Lab, the latest initiative between FOX International Channels (FIC) and the Media Development Authority (MDA).
A unique initiative devised by FIC in a first-of-its-kind partnership with MDA, FOX Formats Lab was conceived to support the development of local content production talent and ramp up creation of international TV content by local production companies. The initial phase of the initiative will see content created for the network’s flagship factual entertainment network − National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild and Nat Geo People.
The FOX Formats Lab initiative is a developmental platform aimed at enhancing skills and encouraging knowledge sharing from experienced professionals within FIC’s vast global network to aspiring local talents. Participants have the opportunity to tap into the global expertise of FIC executives to hone their skills, learn about the factual content development process at NGC, and ultimately better position themselves to work with international broadcasters in the future.
The initiative will kick off with a production workshop in May this year where invited Singapore registered production companies will be presented with a commissioning brief. Interested parties can then submit show concept proposals based on the brief, for the opportunity to be selected to take part in a series of workshops hosted by experienced executives and producers from FIC. These workshops are aimed at helping the participants to develop their ideas into full production proposals.
The process culminates with select proposals being chosen to be developed and produced into a documentary series for NGC, which will be co-funded by FIC and the MDA. The production development funding for FOX Formats Lab totals S$6 million.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020