Primetime series Dream Dad was the number one most watched programme in the Philippines during its run and its final episode aired on 17 April performed true to form. The ABS-CBN produced drama finished on top of its game with a national TV rating of 34.6% beating its rival programme in the time slot to settle with only 14.9%.
Filipinos in urban and rural homes nationwide watched as Baby’s dream of having a complete and happy family finally came true. Not only did she find a legitimate father in Baste, she also ended up with two mothers— her biological mother Bebeth, and Baste’s girlfriend and soon-to-be wife Alex.
Netizens, meanwhile, flooded micro-blogging site Twitter with thoughts about the light-hearted and feel-good episode that the hashtag #DreamDadYesYesYesFinale trended nationwide and worldwide.
Dream Dad, which premiered in November 2014, tells the story of orphan girl Baby who longs to have a family that will love and accept her. She finds her ‘dream dad’ in the person of Baste, owner of a big dairy farm and president of a dairy corporation. Baste eventually grows fond of Baby and gets her to star in his milk brand’s TV commercial. From then on, the two become inseparable and face all hardships that would come their way as a team.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 86 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 78 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020