Singapore − Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific (DNAP), a division of the number-one pay TV programmer Discovery Communications, announced that its flagship brand Discovery Channel continues to maintain its lead as the number-one regional channel across Asia-Pacific amongst all cable/satellite viewers. These results are according to the latest survey by IASAP (IPSOS Affluent Survey Asia-Pacific), formerly known as PAX (Pan-Asia Cross Media Study), under which Discovery Channel held the top spot for fifteen years running.
Enrique Martinez, Acting President and Managing Director, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific said, “Our value lies in the strength and appeal of our brands. Discovery’s leading position is further amplified by the results from Peoplemeter where we have performed consistently well. Together with our hyper focus on deepening local presence in individual markets and investing in must-have content, solid research findings like these help power our efforts with partners as we continue to grow our business and audience share.”
Discovery Channel commands at least 50% more exclusive monthly audience compared to key competitors. It is the leading regional channel among Affluent adults and High Net Worth individuals, and the most-watched channel among PMEBs (Professionals, Managers, Executives, Businessmen), BDMs (Business Decision Makers) and Top Management.
- Australia’s Nine Network, Taiwan’s Chunghwa Telecom set to broadcast Sonar’s eSports sci-fi series – ‘Interface’ 283 views | posted on October 16, 2020
- Los Angeles-based Organic Media Group, Taipei’s Creative Century Entertainment delivers two new series 175 views | posted on October 14, 2020
- Yellow, Black and White to premiere ‘Sherlock: The Russian Chronicles’ at MIPCOM 2020 70 views | posted on October 15, 2020
- Euronews launches on Singapore operator StarHub 60 views | posted on October 15, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020