CJ E&M sells hit dramas to Starhub and Media Prima
Seoul, Korea –CJ E&M has signed a bulk deal with partners to sell its original dramas to StarHub in Singapore and Media Prima’s 8TV in Malaysia. Each operator will air over 200 hours of major hits produced by CJ E&M in 2014, as well as of this year’s full lineup.
The popularity of CJ E&M’s content has been on a steady rise among audiences outside Korea. StarHub and 8TV plan to deliver such latest hits along with the upcoming lineup of 2015, some of which will begin their production soon. These drama series are scheduled to air every Thursday and Friday at 10.30pm on 8TV, and every Sunday at 9.30pm on VV Drama from 31 May.
“We are excited to introduce CJ E&M’s latest popular titles to viewers in Singapore and Malaysia during primetime hours. It is meaningful that those renowned channels in their respective countries have decided to air our content with dedicated programming. Through our ongoing partnership with StarHub and 8TV, we look forward to presenting the best of Korean content,” noted Jang-ho Seo, Head of CJ E&M’s Content Sales Department.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 89 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- The Asia TV Forum & Market and ScreenSingapore officially opens its virtual doors on 1 December 82 views | posted on December 1, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 78 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Silvergate Media prepares to launch season two of award-winning animated series ‘Hilda’ 55 views | posted on November 27, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020