London – BBC Worldwide announced the launch of BBC First in Belgium on 4 June. Following on from the successful launch of the channel in The Netherlands on 16 May, Belgium is the second country in Europe to receive BBC First, a fully localised channel which is the brand new home of the very best of British scripted content. With all programming subtitled in Flemish, BBC First makes its Belgium debut on cable provider Telenet, with further platforms to follow throughout the Benelux region.
A bespoke channel for Benelux, BBC First offers premium and uninterrupted drama from the BBC and other leading British producers. From 9am on 4 June, Belgium will join the Netherlands on this unmissable new channel with series including the hugely popular and critically acclaimed series Wolf Hall – BBC Two’s highest rating programme for 13 years – and thrilling adventures including The Musketeers Series 2 as well as the very latest series of regional favourites, Silent Witness Series 18 and Last Tango in Halifax.
Gabriele Galassi, BBC Worldwide’s Head of Benelux, Global Markets said, “We know that audiences in Belgium love our content and we can now give them more of what they want with BBC First featuring localised first runs of the best of British Drama.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 36 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020