As Singapore celebrates her golden jubilee, TLC will be presenting an episode from the brand new season of its popular series Cake Boss, which will feature a special cake by Buddy Valastro to mark the occasion. This episode, which is part of the channel’s SG50 programming stunt, will premiere in August in Southeast Asia. Cake Boss season seven will also premiere globally on TLC.
Cake Boss follows famed baker Buddy Valastro, his close-knit family and their burgeoning businesses. With the announcement of its new production deal in January this year, the series is now a partnership between Discovery Networks International (DNI) and TLC in the United States with seasons seven and eight produced by original series producer Jon Sechrist, High Noon Entertainment and Valastro’s own Cakehouse Media. The new partnership enables more creative control globally, giving the show a truly international flavour and appeal.
“A birthday celebration is not complete without a cake, and nothing befits the special occasion more than an iconic confection by the Cake Boss himself. We are honoured to present this episode as a tribute to Singapore’s 50th anniversary, and reinforce our ongoing commitment and focus in creating must-watch, localised content with mass appeal,” said Theresa Ong, senior vice president and general manager of Southeast Asia, Discovery Networks Asia-Pacific.
The new season of Cake Boss will premiere with this special episode, which will show New York University’s (NYU) Singapore Student Association (SSA) hosting Singapore Night for students and faculty to learn about and experience the culture of Singapore. Serving as a way to connect students in SSA with the rest of NYU, the event will display local food, arts, and entertainment. The episode will see Valastro work his magic as he takes on one of Singapore’s most recognised landmarks, culminating in the delivery of the stunning cake at NYU’s Singapore Night
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 42 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- Reed Exhibitions announces leadership change at Reed MIDEM 34 views | posted on September 29, 2020
- GoQuest Media signs international distribution rights for ‘Rats’ 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020