The psychological thriller series Merciless, one of the highlights that Globo showed on the MIPTV 2015, has been licensed for the South Korean media group EPG, a traditional partner of Globo in Asia.
The plot of Merciless revolves around serial killer Edu (Bruno Gagliasso, The Enchanted Tale). To all those around him, Edu is just a handsome, intelligent, articulate, and sensitive man. However, he is unable to feel compassion or empathy for anything or anyone. He kills for sheer pleasure. Written by award-winning Glória Perez (The Clone), the drama series also features the emotionally unstable Ray (Débora Falabella, Brazil Avenue) − a sensitive, hard-working fashion professional that raises her daughter alone. Ray sees in Edu the embodiment of the ideal man, without suspecting his double identity. And Edu sees in her the perfect alibi.
In Brazil, the series recorded ratings of 15 points and 37% share, reaching over 22 million viewers per day.
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 31 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- Short-format OTT platform Biiggbang Amusement launches as it aims to have the world’s largest content library 30 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- GoQuest Media locks in distribution deal with Telekom Srbija 28 views | posted on January 19, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 26 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020