Seoul, Korea – CJ E&M said that KCON 2015 USA will expand in terms of the number of days and location, making the largest Korean entertainment fan convention in North America a bi-coastal event.
On the West Coast, KCON 2015 LA will open for not two, but three days from 31 July at the Staples Center in Downtown Los Angeles, and some of the world’s biggest stars are set to perform on last two days of the event. East Coast K-pop fans will also get their own turn to have the ultimate Hallyu experience when the KCON descends upon the Big Apple for the first time on 8 August for a one-day convention and concert extravaganza, dubbed KCON 2015 NY, at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ.
Sponsored by Toyota, KCON 2015 USA will be packed with panels, activities, food and more that cover every aspect of Korean pop culture during the day. Then as the sun goes down, eyes will turn to the stage as some of the hottest artists coming out of Korea will take center stage and close out the evening with a star-studded concert.
With KCON USA expected to continue its record of growth, this year will be the largest ever. Last year, in addition to doubling the number of attendees, the event boasted 30 percent more programming; a new, free and open-to-the-public marketplace; as well as two nights of concerts featuring the hottest K-pop artists from Korea, namely B1A4, BTS, CNBLUE, G-Dragon, Girls Generation, IU, Jung Joon Young, SPICA, TEEN TOP and VIXX.
Throughout the convention, small- and medium-sized Korean companies will be invited to set up booth in order to introduce and promote their brands and products. Since KCON 2014, CJ E&M has provided such opportunities to business partners to help their global expansion. At KCON 2015 Japan in April, 65 Korean companies, including 41 small- and medium-sized businesses, participated and introduced their products to K-pop fans visiting the convention. Representatives from 32 small companies successfully booked 210 business meetings with 80 buyers in Japan at a business matchmaking session.
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 1.3k views | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced 510 views | posted on January 17, 2021
- Nippon TV’s award-winning drama series ‘Mother’ Thai version wins Best Script Writing at the 25th Asian Television Awards 108 views | posted on January 18, 2021
- Bilibili presents China’s first virtual idol musical fantasy film ‘Vox Ultima’ 85 views | posted on January 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021