Cannes – French production powerhouse KABO Family and Canadian media company Contenu QMI (subsidiary of Quebecor Media) have signed a co-development partnership deal. The announcement was made by Christian Baumard, CEO, KABO Family and André Provencher, Vice President, Creation and International Development, Contenu QMi.
The two companies are joining forces to produce comedy formats using a similar model to KABO’s unique Pick’n Mix sitcom format formula, which is comprised of individual comedy sketches that can be assembled in any order to suit a broadcaster’s programming schedule. Episodes feature a ‘slice of life’, exploring the richness and complexity of the character relationships. Pick’n Mix can be built around brief clips that can be adapted to various broadcast formats, ranging from 13 to 52 minutes.
KABO International, which is spearheaded by Managing Director Arabelle Pouliot-Di Crescenzo, will be responsible for overall worldwide distribution of the new programmes emerging from this new venture.
“We are proud to join KABO in the co-development of these projects – a first in the co-operation between France and Quebec. This new partnership allows us to emphasize our desire to showcase the talent and the Quebec know-how abroad, this time via dramatic writing and to better serve multi-platform needs,”commented André Provencher, Vice President, Creation and International Development, Contenu QMi.
- Banijay Rights new sales structure in LATAM, Canada, and German-speaking territories 37 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Firstlight Media teams with Google Cloud to deliver next-gen OTT 35 views | posted on January 21, 2021
- A+E Networks® continues commitment to women in front of and behind the camera with ‘Women in Global Entertainment (WGE): Power Profile’ at virtual NATPE 2021 34 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 33 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020