New York / London – AMC Global announced it has acquired the exclusive first window international television rights to the highly anticipated AMC original series Into the Badlands. Produced by AMC Studios, “Into the Badlands” will air on AMC Global within 24 hours of its AMC (U.S.) premiere in all territories where AMC Global is available. The series has been ordered for six, one-hour episodes with an expected premiere in fall 2015.
AMC Global secured the exclusive first window rights for Into the Badlands from Entertainment One (eOne), which handles international distribution of the series in all media through their exclusive multi-year output agreement with AMC Networks.
The news follows the recent announcement that AMC Global will launch Fear the
Walking Dead, the companion series to The Walking Dead, around the world later this year. Bruce Tuchman, President, AMC and Sundance Channel Global, stated, “AMC Global is dedicated to delivering popular, first run original programming to consumers and we are thrilled to add the newest original series from AMC to our slate. We think Into the Badlands and Fear the Walking Dead will complement each other perfectly as we continue to grow our global footprint and support our pay-TV platform partners in expanding their subscriber base.”
Harold Gronenthal, Executive Vice President, Programming and Operations, AMC and
Sundance Channel Global, stated, “With a top notch creative team and an enormously distinctive and compelling storyline with global resonance, we could not be more excited to bring Into the Badlands to worldwide audiences. Broadcasting both Fear the Walking Dead and Into the Badlands within 24 hours of the U.S. allows us to connect viewers around the world as they experience AMC’s freshest original productions together.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 45 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 40 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 40 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 39 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020