London – FremantleMedia International (FMI) is heading to Cannes with something for every buyer. From thrilling dramas and compelling documentaries, to laughter fuelled comedies, incredible entertainment and inspiring lifestyle – FMI is set to showcase its stand out catalogue at this year’s MIPTV.
Jens Richter, CEO, FremantleMedia International said, “It’s my first market as CEO of FremantleMedia International and I’m proud of the high calibre content that we will be representing at MIPTV. With titles from FremantleMedia’s in-house producers and some of the world’s foremost third party producers, we have a wealth of standout programming that’s sure to deliver a huge impact and strike a chord with both broadcasters and global audiences alike.”
- No Offence (8 x 60’) is the outrageous new police procedural series created by BAFTA Award winning writer and producer Paul Abbott (Hit or Miss, Shameless, State of Play). Set in Manchester in North West England, it follows a crack team of officers as they clamp down on crime in an attempt to enforce the law. Further to dealing with the daily grime the squad, led by the sharp Inspector DI Vivienne Deering, suddenly has their hands full when a big case involving a twisted serial killer emerges. It’s a gripping rollercoaster ride as the team is pushed to their limit.
- Deutschland 83 (8 x 60’) is the inspired cold war drama from FremantleMedia’s UFA Fiction in Germany. The German language series is a captivating coming-of-age story set against the real culture wars and political events of Germany in the 1980s. It follows Martin Rauch (Jonas Nay) as the 24 year-old East Germany native is pulled from the world as he knows it and sent to the West as an undercover spy for the Stasi foreign service. Hiding in the West German army, he must gather the secrets of NATO military strategy. Created by Anna and Joerg Winger.
- Eye Candy (10 x 60’) is a chilling 21st century thriller from MTV that is based on the best-selling novel from R.L. Stine. This suspenseful series centers on tech genius Lindy, played by Victoria Justice, a 21-year-old hacker with a gift for seeing clues and connections in the digital world that others can’t. Persuaded by her roommate to try online dating, Lindy begins to suspect that one of her suitors is a deadly cyber stalker. When her friends at the elusive cyberpolice uncover a potential serial killer in Manhattan, all signs point to one of Lindy’s dates.
- Billy & Billie (10 x 30’) from acclaimed screenwriter Neil LaBute, this provocative drama tells the story of Billy (Adam Brody) and Billie (Lisa Joyce) as they fall in love. They face the usual barrage of attention from their friends and family, as well as the normal anxieties that come at the beginning of a new relationship, but complicating things further is the fact that the two are stepbrother and sister. Throughout the series, they struggle to fight what others perceive as taboo, but feels completely right to them.
- Full Circle: Chicago (10 x 30’) centers on Jimmy Parerra (Terry O’Quinn) a Chicago cop who, 18 years ago, inspired by Frank Serpico’s similar act in NYC, blew the whistle on police corruption in Chicago. His actions resulted in sending his own father in law Bud O’Rouke (Stacy Keach) the Chief of Police Detectives to federal prison.
- AXN All-Stars reunites entertainment heavyweights in a heart-warming virtual collaborative performance 80 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- iQIYI International expands global footprint with launch on Zeasn’s Whale Eco 69 views | posted on November 27, 2020
- Astro Media Solutions and Smiley ink exclusive media license partnership 57 views | posted on November 26, 2020
- Netflix brings a variety of entertainment with seven new Korean films and series 47 views | posted on November 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020