Hong Kong – Celestial Tiger Entertainment (CTE), the operator of the largest bouquet of pan-Asian channels dedicated to Asian entertainment, announced its plan to launch a 24-hour Mandarin kids channel created specifically to cater to international audiences. The new channel, called Miao Mi, is scheduled to roll out in selected territories in Asia Pacific in the fourth quarter of 2015. Miao Mi is designed for children between the ages of three to six regardless of their native language.
Miao Mi will be carefully curated with children’s programmes that entertain, educate, and empower kids with a unique Asian perspective. The programming mix will include animated series, movies and live-action series such as game shows, reality shows, and parenting shows. Miao Mi’s programmes will be sourced from the leading producers of children’s programming, educational programming and animation in Asia using research-backed content filters.
Some of the first and exclusive shows to be shown on Miao Mi include: Star Babies, the award-winning animated series about a group of babies inspired by Chinese icons such as Bruce Lee and the Monkey King; Secret Y, an animated series that introduces scientific knowledge to young children through the adorable main characters from the hit animated movie Axel: The Biggest Little Hero; and Happy Friends, Happy Hero, a top-rated animated series on Chinese national broadcaster CCTV, from the director of the megahit franchise Pleasant Goat and Big Big Wolf.
“Miao Mi satisfies two significant gaps in children’s television; the lack of pan-regional Asian kids channels created for international audiences, and the lack of television options catering to the growing demand for Mandarin language-learning. Miao Mi will fill both those gaps and more,” said Todd Miller, Chief Executive Officer, Celestial Tiger Entertainment.
- Zee and Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. announce new co-production partnership 81 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- Anime titles from Medialink Group’s Ani-One library to start streaming on Mediacorp’s meWATCH platform 73 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- SynProNize and ATV take Turkish drama series ‘Hercai’ to Pakistan 44 views | posted on April 12, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 35 views | posted on April 13, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020