Cannes – MIPTV marks the launch of The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe, an all-new television event from A+E Studios International’s slate. Starring Kelli Garner (The Aviator, Pan Am) in the title role, the programme also stars Academy Award® winner Susan Sarandon (Thelma and Louise, Bull Durham, Dead Man Walking) also stars, along with Academy Award® and Golden Globe® nominee Emily Watson (The Theory of Everything, The Book Thief, Hilary and Jackie), and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (Grey’s Anatomy, Watchmen, Texas Rising).
Based on J. Randy Taraborrelli’s New York Times bestseller of the same name, The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe introduces a young Norma Jeane Mortenson as she battles a lonely, loveless existence with an absent mother. Despite the odds, Norma Jeane blossoms into a smart, ambitious woman and reinvents herself as Marilyn Monroe. As her fame grows, all three of her marriages crumble publicly. Marilyn is unable to control the onset of mental illness inherited from her mother, Gladys (Sarandon) – a woman she loves, hates and tries to save. Although kept secret, Gladys remained a vital and troubling influence. Ultimately, Marilyn gives her best performance of all hiding her darkest secrets from the world. Produced by Asylum Entertainment for Lifetime®Television.
A+E Studios International, an A+E Networks® brand, is the banner under which the company distributes and finances quality scripted series, television events and movies. MIPTV highlights include UnREAL, Sons of Liberty, and Gangland Undercover.
Set against the backdrop of the hit dating competition show Everlasting, UnREAL(10×1 hour) is led by flawed heroine Rachel Goldberg (Shiri Appleby), a young producer whose sole job is to manipulate her relationships with and among the contestants to get the vital dramatic and outrageous footage that the program’s dispassionate executive producer, Quinn King (Constance Zimmer), demands. What ensues is an eye-opening look at what happens in the outrageous world of unscripted television, where being a contestant can be vicious and producing it is a whole other reality. Produced by A+E Studios for Lifetime Television.
Rogues become rebels and rebels become heroes in Sons of Liberty (3 x 2 hours or 6 x 1 hour). This television event follows a defiant and radical group of young men – Sam Adams, John Adams, Paul Revere, John Hancock and Dr. Joseph Warren – as they band together in secrecy to change the course of history and make America a nation. Calling themselves the Sons of Liberty, they light the spark that ignites a revolution. While many of their names have become legendary, this group of rebels didn’t start off as noble patriots. They were a new generation of young American men from varied backgrounds, struggling to find purpose in their lives. They were looking for equality, but they found something greater: independence. Produced by A+E Studios and Stephen David Entertainment for HISTORY®.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 74 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Viu offers a special treat to frontline food delivery heroes of Singapore 56 views | posted on June 9, 2021
- KC Global Media expands distribution in Cambodia, Malaysia, and the Philippines 55 views | posted on June 10, 2021
- Red Fiber offers special deals and sets expansion goals for seamless customer experience in the Philippines 40 views | posted on June 10, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020