Mumbai, India − Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) announced the launch of Zee Hiburan in Indonesia. Zee Hiburan, which means Zee Entertainment in English, is a General Entertainment channel that features popular Indian serials localised for the mainstream Indonesian audience.
Speaking on the launch of Zee Hiburan, Sushruta Samanta, Business Head of ZEEL Asia Pacific said, “Zee Hiburan in Indonesia is our third launch in the APAC region in the last 14 months, following Zee Bioskop and Zee Nung. Zee Hiburan will consolidate our position and market share in Indonesia, which is one of the fastest growing Pay-TV markets in the region. Our initial interaction with the distributors was very encouraging, which propelled us to launch a GEC Channel within a year of launching our Bollywood channel, Zee Bioskop in the market. Indian content has created a huge wave in the local FTA space and with Zee Hiburan, we believe that we will be able to take it to the next level.”
Sharing more details on the channel, Maria Liza Ginting, Country Head of ZEEL said, “With Indian stories narrated like never before, Zee Hiburan promises to engage the viewers with shows that travel from the eras of the kings and queens to the modern world. The channel is positioned as Color Your Life showcasing every emotion in the most colorful fashion. Inspired from paper puppets & paper quilling art forms, the channel packaging is artistically designed to merge the Indonesian & Indian cultures.”
The channel will showcase popular ZEE shows and dramas like Ramayan, Jhansi ki Rani, Jodha Akbar, Kumkum Bhagya, Pavitra Rishta, Kasam Se, Sapne Suhane Ladakpan, Jab Love Hua, Fear Files and many more.
Zee Hiburan – Warnai Hidup Anda (Zee Entertainment – Colour your life) is currently available as a pay channel on ICTA – Indonesia Cable TV Association and K Vision (DTH platform) and will soon be available on more platforms in the market. After the successful launch of Zee Bioskop in Indonesia last year, Zee Hiburan is geared up to woo the local Indonesian audience with popular Indian daily soaps.
- Netflix original series ‘Better Than Us’ sets independent second season with Organic Media, Wudi Pictures for streaming in Greater China 75 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- Hearst Television Station utilises TVU Networks for daily remote broadcast 43 views | posted on November 18, 2020
- E1 Championship flags off with the region’s top sim-racers competing for a share of US$15,000 40 views | posted on November 19, 2020
- Quintus acquires factual titles for its VOD channels Free Documentary and Free Documentary Nature 36 views | posted on November 20, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020