Mumbai − ZEE Europe, the largest South Asian Entertainment Network celebrated the completion of 20 years of Zee TV in Europe with a special gala, where it announced the launch of &TV, a brand new Entertainment Channel. Amidst huge fanfare and aplomb, the celebration was a special one, as it was attended by Punit Goenka, MD & CEO, Zee Entertainment Enterprises Limited (ZEEL) and Rajesh Iyer, Business Head, &TV, both of whom flew in from India just for the occasion. This was topped by the appearance of none other than the King of Bollywood – Shah Rukh Khan, making the event an unforgettable one.
Derived from the conjunction ‘&’, the channel stands for binding people, ideologies and philosophies. The content of the channel is contemporary and contextual, depicting the progressiveness of the viewers. &TV will ‘celebrate the spirit of living’ through its content offering. Shah Rukh Khan hosted the channels’ flagship show India Poochega – Sabse Shaana Kaun, where contestants join the ‘King of Bollywood’ on stage. Like the host, the format of the game show challenges conventions, whereby the common man dons the role of the ‘asker’, as well as that of the ‘contestant’. While the askers pose the questions, the contestants demonstrate their street-smartness to win the coveted prize money.
Talking about his long lasting relationship with ZEE, Shah Rukh Khan said he was thrilled to officially launch the new channel along with Mr. Punit Goenka and also shook a leg to a few of his chartbuster songs, in the awesome medley put together by the Shiamak Davar London dance troupe.
Commenting on the 20 years celebration, Mr. Punit Goenka, MD & CEO, ZEEL, said, “We are proud to be a medium through which Indians living abroad have stayed connected to their roots back home all these years and we will continue to entertain and engage audiences with a unique blend of high-quality and innovative programming”. On the launch of the new channel &TV he said, “&TV will offer a more substantial viewing experience to an audience that is always seeking fresh and relevant content. We are certain that with the launch of &TV, we will capitalise on further such opportunities to build a robust entertainment bouquet and march ahead towards achieving the global ambitions set for the company. Finally we are so proud to be working with Shah Rukh Khan on our flagship show India Poochega – Sabse Shaana Kaun – Mr Khan has poured his heart and soul into the show and we know it will bring great joy to our European audiences.”
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 104 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Celestial Tiger Entertainment launches KIX on MultiChoice’s DStv in Africa 42 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Singaporean Tyen Rasif wins ‘Asian Dream’ 33 views | posted on September 23, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020