Singapore – Singtel announced the introduction of cutting-edge technology as part of its ‘live’ television production capabilities, offering brands the opportunity to create interactive content and better engage their pay TV audiences.
The first of its kind in Singapore, Singtel TV’s virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) technology also helps advertisers address the challenge of today’s viewers sidestepping traditional commercial breaks.
VR and AR technology allows virtual elements to appear as if they were real objects within the studio environment. The creation of virtual elements such as three-dimensional scoreboards, match statistics, team logos, player images and starting line-ups will enhance the overall viewer experience, particularly during sports programmes. This technology can also be used to stylistically redesign the virtual background according to a particular theme or type of programme.
“Ad clutter and audience fragmentation mean that traditional TV ad buying needs to evolve. Our ad analytics will better segment the audience. Together with VR and AR technology, brands can then create and tell segment-specific, editorially relevant stories, while ensuring that the content is not missed altogether,” said Anthony Shiner, Chief Revenue Officer, Singtel Group Digital Life.
Virtual advertising helps brands stay in the game
Virtual advertising uses the same VR and AR technology, by embedding brand images into a ‘live’ or pre-recorded TV show. However, virtual ads previously required significant financial investment. Recognising the demand for such technology, Singtel Adverting is bringing it to Singapore, so brands can create relevant and in-programme content affordably.
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 399 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 310 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 76 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020