Singapore – As the Korean wave continues to captivate fans around the world, audiences in Southeast Asia can expect to catch more than 200 hours of K-pop programming for the first time on MTV Asia. Over the next two years, viewers will get more access to today’s hottest K-pop artists under the MTV K Krushline-up which includes a slate of idol reality shows Real Guys BtoB, Hyuna’s Free Month, and Plan VIXX Diary and music shows The Stage Big Pleasure and The Show: All About K-Pop to be launched on the channel this month. This new line-up of K-Pop shows are produced by SBS MTV, MTV’s South Korean joint venture network and will complement existing Korean music programmes K-Wave and K-Wave Karaoke airing on the channel.
MTV K Krush
“Korean pop culture is hugely popular in Asia and fans have been telling us they can’t get enough of their favourite K-pop music bands and idols. MTV is answering their call with added music shows that allow them to watch performances by new bands, well-known artistes, and rising stars from the Korean music industry while the reality shows offer a revealing look into their personal and professional lives,” said Paras Sharma, Vice President of MTV and Comedy Central Brands and Digital Media, Viacom International Media Networks Asia.
Details of the MTV K Krush line-up are:
K-POP IDOL REALITY
Airs every Thursday at 4pm (WIB), 5pm (SG) and 6pm (MY)
• Hyuna’s Free Month is a 60-minute reality show starring South Korean singer Hyuna (from the girl group 4Minute and also part of the duo Trouble Maker). The show offers a candid look into Hyuna’s preparations and promotional activities leading to the release of her third solo album A Talk last year.
• Real Guys BtoB is a 60-minute reality show featuring members of the K-pop boy band BtoB where they show off their own charms through their interpretations of machismo on what it means to be a real man.
- Blue Ant Media promotes Jamie Schouela to President, Global Channels and Media; Carlyn Staudt to Global General Manager, Love Nature 41 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- True crime documentary series ‘The Night Caller’ pre-sales from Abacus Media Rights 39 views | posted on September 25, 2020
- GMA Network launches new Asian-pop culture digital channel 37 views | posted on September 24, 2020
- Ekaterina Yakushenko joins newly revamped THEMA RUS 31 views | posted on September 25, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020