Singapore – MediaCorp announced the appointment of Shane Mitchell to accelerate the growth of its digital business.
In the newly created position of Head, Digital, Mitchell will be responsible for driving a unified digital strategy across MediaCorp’s online and mobile properties, commercialising business lines, improving user experience and working on strategic partnerships. Mitchell will also focus on strengthening digital expertise across the organisation, underscoring MediaCorp’s commitment to staying relevant in a changing media landscape.
Mitchell reports to MediaCorp Chief Executive Officer Shaun Seow, who said, “Shane brings tremendous experience and practical expertise in digital to the role. The consumption shift from traditional to digital media offers exciting opportunities for us, and I look forward to Shane’s leadership in our efforts to engage new audiences and partner businesses which will benefit from the breadth and depth of our media portfolio.”
Mitchell said, “I’m delighted to be joining MediaCorp at this crucial moment in its transformation. It is an incredibly diverse company with enormous impact, resource and ambition. After several years working with media companies to implement disruptive digital services as an agency, it’s great to get back to leading change from the inside.”
Before this, Mr Mitchell was CEO of Sydney-based Reddo Media Services, which specialises in app development and marketing, as well as providing commercial and branded content strategy for businesses. Previously he worked for Haymarket Media Group and YAHOO! in Sydney and in the UK.
The appointment is effective 3 March 2015.
- HBO confirmed as official partner on ‘Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries’ spin-off ‘Miss S’ 50 views | posted on September 16, 2020
- Tata Sky partners with Accedo to develop the user interface of its Smart Set-top box – Tata Sky Binge+ 42 views | posted on September 14, 2020
- Spackman Entertainment Group’s ‘#ALIVE’ number one on Netflix globally 39 views | posted on September 15, 2020
- ABP Network focuses on telling inspiring stories gleaned from across the nation 28 views | posted on September 16, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020