Los Angeles, California – Global Eagle Entertainment Inc. announced that it has appointed Jim Griffiths as Senior Vice-President of Content Purchasing and Distribution.
Griffiths has over thirty years of experience in senior leadership roles at entertainment groups, and an extensive portfolio of expertise in the purchasing and distribution of movie and TV programming. Griffiths’ impressive background includes serving as President of Worldwide Pay Television and International Home Video at 20th Century Fox, President of Worldwide Television Distribution at Metro Goldwyn Mayer, President of Playboy Entertainment Group and Managing Director of Star TV.
More recently, Griffiths was Chief Executive Officer at GSD LLC, a consulting firm specialised in supporting international media companies with their business and growth strategies. While at GSD LLC, Griffiths partnered with renowned TV, film and theater producer Colin Callender on the television series Dancing On The Edge (Golden Globe winner), White Queen (Golden Globe nominee) and Wolf Hall premiering on Masterpiece Theater on 5 April . During his tenure as Director of Business Development for CAA, Griffiths helped launch the Sundance Channel for actor Robert Redford.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 70 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 42 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- ZEASN announces brand-new Smart TV App Store V3.0 41 views | posted on September 18, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 41 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020