Toronto – DHX Media Ltd. has partnered with Nickelodeon and YTV on the live-action musical-comedy series Make It Pop. The half-hour sitcom is currently filming 20 episodes at DHX’s Epitome Studio, in Toronto, Canada.
Make It Pop, which has just been picked up for 20 episodes, is a comedic, music-infused daily strip about three unique girls who come together to start their own K pop- inspired band. Randomly selected to room together at boarding school, three freshman girls – bookish Corki (Erika Tham), fashion forward Jodi (Louriza Tronco), and social media maven Sun Hi (Megan Lee) – meet and bond over music. With the help of fellow boarding school classmate and DJ hopeful, Caleb (Dale Whibley), the girls grow from roommates to bandmates as their band, XO-IQ, becomes a school-wide sensation and they compete for a place in the upcoming school musical.
Make It Pop
The series, which will feature original songs and performances in every episode, is co-created by Thomas W. Lynch and Nick Cannon and produced by DHX Media.Make It Pop is executive produced by Lynch and Cannon, together with Steven DeNure and Anne Loi for DHX Media. DHX Media will also handle global distribution and brand management for Make It Pop, as well as merchandising and licensing through appointed agency, Copyright Promotions Licensing Group Ltd. (CPLG).
- Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. licenses global streaming rights to ‘Ninja Warrior’, ‘Unbeatable Banzuk’ 303 views | posted on April 15, 2021
- BBC Studios licenses the scripted format ‘Doctor Foster’ to ABS-CBN 41 views | posted on April 13, 2021
- Jiangsu Broadcasting Corp. brings China’s stories to the international stage 40 views | posted on April 17, 2021
- Barco partners with Ideal Systems to strengthen visualisation capabilities for broadcast in the region 35 views | posted on April 15, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020