Toronto – DHX Media Ltd. has partnered with Nickelodeon and YTV on the live-action musical-comedy series Make It Pop. The half-hour sitcom is currently filming 20 episodes at DHX’s Epitome Studio, in Toronto, Canada.
Make It Pop, which has just been picked up for 20 episodes, is a comedic, music-infused daily strip about three unique girls who come together to start their own K pop- inspired band. Randomly selected to room together at boarding school, three freshman girls – bookish Corki (Erika Tham), fashion forward Jodi (Louriza Tronco), and social media maven Sun Hi (Megan Lee) – meet and bond over music. With the help of fellow boarding school classmate and DJ hopeful, Caleb (Dale Whibley), the girls grow from roommates to bandmates as their band, XO-IQ, becomes a school-wide sensation and they compete for a place in the upcoming school musical.
Make It Pop
The series, which will feature original songs and performances in every episode, is co-created by Thomas W. Lynch and Nick Cannon and produced by DHX Media.Make It Pop is executive produced by Lynch and Cannon, together with Steven DeNure and Anne Loi for DHX Media. DHX Media will also handle global distribution and brand management for Make It Pop, as well as merchandising and licensing through appointed agency, Copyright Promotions Licensing Group Ltd. (CPLG).
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One 622 views | posted on January 16, 2021
- TechStorm kickstarts 2021 with a bang as it launches on Malaysia’s latest direct-to-home platform Sirius TV 404 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- Bidya Sinha Mim and Pritom Hasan starrer ZEE5 Original ‘WTFry’ premieres on ZEE5 79 views | posted on January 11, 2021
- ZEASN and Line TV partner to bring trending content to smart TVs 77 views | posted on January 11, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Producer Alan Eucharis Choo by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 11, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020