Manila − CNN Philippines, the country’s highly-anticipated brand new predominantly English 24-hour free-to-air news channel and website launched on 16 March. At 6am local time, 9TV officially rebranded to become CNN Philippines, marking a historic day for Filipinos, as well as CNN International and Nine Media Corporation.
CNN Worldwide’s President Jeff Zucker said, “We are thrilled to welcome CNN Philippines to the CNN family. Both CNN and Nine Media have worked exceptionally hard to make this a reality. We are confident the Filipino audience is going to embrace CNN Philippines and the unmatched news and information it delivers – something not seen in this country before.”
Ambassador Antonio Cabangon-Chua, Chairman of Nine Media Corporation said, “This is such significant milestone not only for Nine Media but for Filipinos everywhere. This is a news service they have never had before. We aspire to be the trusted name in news in the Philippines. We are proud to tell the story of the Filipino through the unique content we provide.”
CNN Philippines operates from studio facilities in Manila and offers a dynamic combination of local and international news as well as current affairs, feature programming and documentaries. The accompanying website, CNNPhilippines.com, offers the latest news, business, science and technology, entertainment and sports, as well as opinion and analysis, special reports, exclusive interviews, and videos.
Gerhard Zeiler, President of Turner Broadcasting International said, “The Philippines is such an important market for us and we couldn’t be happier to find a like-minded partner in Nine Media. We have so many exciting developments planned for the Asia-Pacific region, this is just the beginning.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 71 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- The Walt Disney Company Asia Pacific announces leadership team 70 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Cottonwood Media to launch production of the premium period live-action kids’ series ‘Theodosia’ 39 views | posted on March 1, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 30 views | posted on March 3, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020