Sydney — The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers® (SMPTE®) announced that the SMPTE Australia Section has extended the call-for-proposals deadline for the biennial SMPTE Australia Conference & Exhibition (SMPTE15), Persistence of Vision — Defining the Future. The new deadline for proposal submissions is midnight, 1 March.
SMPTE15, titled “Persistence of Vision — Defining the Future,” will extend from 14-17 July at the Hordern Pavilion at Moore Park in Sydney. The three-day conference and four-day exhibition will focus on linking the cutting edge of development with practical solutions for problems facing today’s media industries. As previously announced, Netflix Director of Global Content Partners Operations Chris Fetner is scheduled to deliver the keynote. Fetner will discuss the global media marketplace and the technologies shaping decision-making and growth at Netflix.
“The Australian Conference is well-respected for its technical component, and the proposals we have already received for 2015 will allow us to put together a very strong program addressing the topical concepts and issues that impact the motion-imaging industry,” said David Wheeler, chair of the SMPTE Australia Section Conference Committee. “By extending the deadline, we are providing additional time for those who have ideas that would merit inclusion in the program or who have been considering submitting but have not yet done so.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 115 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Netflix picks up Philippine adaptation of ‘Descendants of the Sun’ aired on GMA Network 63 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- BBC Studios, Bilibili sign new content sales and production agreement to bring the best of BBC to China 44 views | posted on October 19, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 44 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020