Newly launched global content creator, producer and distributor, Endemol Shine Group, which brings together Endemol, Shine and CORE Media, announced leadership of its operations in China.
William Tan, who currently heads up Viacom International Media Networks Greater China as General Manager and Vice President, has been appointed as Managing Director of Endemol Shine China. William will oversee Endemol Shine Group’s operations in Greater China, which have offices in Beijing and Shanghai and are engaged in developing and co-developing formats, providing production services, exploiting IP and promoting Chinese contents abroad. The company has been active in the Chinese market since 2005 and is working in close partnership with the leading television broadcasters and digital platforms in China. William will take up his role as Managing Director of Endemol Shine China in April 2015.
With 12 years’ experience in the market, William has played a central role in shaping the strategic direction of Viacom’s business in China, driving the launch of a number of multiplatform entertainment content initiatives and overseeing a sustained period of growth and profitability. He first joined Viacom International Media Networks in 2008 as Finance Director, MTV Network Asia, Greater China and was promoted to his current position in 2013. He previously held a number of senior positions within the Asian market’s advertising and finance sectors.
“Increasing focus on China is a central part of our growth strategy in Asia and William has the leadership and market expertise to significantly expand and diversify this area of our business,” said Martha Brass, Co-CEO of International Operations at Endemol Shine Group. “William’s exceptional track record of driving growth across areas including television, digital and commercial is perfectly aligned with our goals in this key market.”
“I am greatly looking forward to driving and building on the success of Endemol Shine China and the great portfolio of international hits within the business,” said William Tan. “The intention is to continue growing our production and development capabilities to service broadcast and production partners, whilst building on the growth of digital in China. Our long term ambition will be to develop homegrown creative resources in China and generate locally originated IP for worldwide export.”
William’s appointment follows the recent news that Endemol Shine Group is transferring its operations in Hong Kong to China and Singapore as part of a wider regional expansion strategy. This includes establishing a new production hub at Endemol Shine Group’s Singapore base in addition to the company’s existing resources in Malaysia.
Endemol Shine Group also recently confirmed that CEO of Asian Operations, Arjen van Mierlo, will be leaving in April. Under van Mierlo’s tenure the company’s Asian operation has doubled its business over the last three years to become Asia’s number one format provider with more than 45 series across the region (excluding India where the company operates separately to serve the Hindu and regional markets). Managing Director of Asian Operations, Fotini Paraskakis, will continue in her role with particular focus on the expanded operation and production resources in South East Asia.
- Here are seven new Korean titles from iQIYI to satisfy your K-Drama fix 66 views | posted on January 26, 2021
- Saloon Media announces start of production on ‘Hotel Paranormal’ S2 and return of Dan Aykroyd as narrator 52 views | posted on January 25, 2021
- Rising Asia keeps the region prolific with diverse content 51 views | posted on January 22, 2021
- ‘Beyblade Burst’ TV series now airing on RTV Indonesia via Animasia Studio 48 views | posted on January 22, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020