Tokyo Broadcasting System Television, Inc. (TBS)’s anime character business continues to grow globally. TBS agreed to supply stickers featuring 16 characters from its popular anime series Beyond the Boundary to the free voice call and messenger smartphone application WeChat, which is operated by Tencent, China’s largest IT company.
å¢ƒç•Œã®å½¼æ–¹ (Beyond the Boundary)
Based on the ‘light novel’, as termed in Japan which targets teens and young adult demographic, by Nagomu Torii, Beyond the Boundary is a schoolyard battle action story featuring the character of Akito Kanbara, who was born of a human and a youmu, one of the fearsome monsters that humans battle. Another key character is Mirai Kuriyama, who is an ikaishi, or warrior from another world. Since the program started airing in October, it has established a strong and loyal fan base, and the motion picture Beyond the Boundary –I’ll Be Here is scheduled to reach theaters across Japan this spring.
TBS has licensed “Beyond the Boundary in markets outside Japan as well, where its popularity continues to rise. In China, the characters of the program have received very enthusiastic support from online communities, thereby inspiring the new sticker service on WeChat.
- StudioCanal promotes TV, digital, and film execs in strategic global content move 90 views | posted on September 22, 2020
- Viu announces the launch of the inaugural Viu Pitching Forum in Malaysia 50 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights sells CBC original series ‘Trickster’ to NITV & SBS On Demand Australia and more 44 views | posted on September 21, 2020
- Nippon TV’s ‘Your Turn To Kill’ receives award at 2020 Seoul International Drama Awards 34 views | posted on September 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020