Paris – MIPTV 2015 announced that 10 of the world’s leading online platforms, Multi-Channel Networks (MCNs) and Digital Studios have already signed up to showcase their content and talent at the second edition of the MIP Digital Fronts – set to take place April 15-16 in the Grand Auditorium of Cannes’ Palais des Festivals, with the opening screenings on the afternoon on the 14th.
Founding Partners YouTube, Vice, Dailymotion and Maker Studios return to the MIP Digital Fronts where they will be joined by new presenting partners AwesomenessTV, Collective Digital Studio (CDS), Machinima, New Form Digital, Screen Australia, and Vox Media.
The only international screenings showcase for MCN’s, digital studios and online publishers, the MIP Digital Fronts was created by MIPTV in 2014 as the industry’s first global distribution and acquisition market for high-quality original online productions and web series for adaptation across all screens and platforms.
The second MIP Digital Fronts features over two and a half days during MIPTV a series of showcases of new online productions. These presentations will be followed by on-stage interviews with the producers and creative executives, as well as on-stage appearances by talent behind the content, plus matchmaking sessions with the new breed of content creators.
“The fact that our original MIP Digital Fronts partners are returning in year two and have been joined by other leading multi-platform creator networks, underlines the growing importance of the global stage for original online content and the need to create bridges with the broader entertainment ecosystem,” said Laurine Garaude, Director of Television at Reed MIDEM.
In parallel, MIP Digital Talks offers a rich conference programme focusing on the convergence of all screens. It will address the theme of “The Millennial Shift,” from creating, producing, engaging, and monetising, and will include case studies using a transparent approach to share the experiences of innovators trying to build the future of this business.
Meanwhile, MIP Digital Square, the business incubator where technology meets content, located at the heart of MIPTV, will feature innovative technologies and digital studios.
- Toonz Media Group joins forces with Ferly for ‘Kingdom of None’ 67 views | posted on June 8, 2021
- Han Ji-hyun stars in the popular k-drama ‘The Penthouse 3: War in Life’ 63 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- Firstlight Media names Jim Vinh to lead Asia-Pacific sales 61 views | posted on June 7, 2021
- NBC Olympics selects its audio consoles provider for production of Olympic Games in Tokyo 52 views | posted on June 7, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020