Astro focuses on providing its customers with a variety of pay TV, radio and digital media content. Astro offers more than 180 broadcast TV channels, including 48 HD channels, delivered via Direct-To-Home satellite TV, IPTV and OTT platforms.
In 2012, the company introduced its OTT service, Astro on the Go, which currently provides VOD content and live linear programming. In an effort to continuously expand its service to include relevant and popular content, Astro partnered with Elemental to help build a reliable workflow for its multiscreen services.
In order to keep up with industry trends and consumer demands, without depleting funds, Astro decided to take a software-based approach and incorporate the cloud into its video delivery workflow. Astro implemented Elemental video processing solutions in the cloud to power its Astro on the Go workflow, which consists of more than 6,000 hours of VOD content and 34 live linear channels. Elemental Cloud securely manages Astro’s high-volume video content with scale and elasticity, allowing customers to watch both live and VOD content instantly.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.9k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 73 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 58 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 44 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020