Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and the U.S. Ski Team announced that live coverage of the 2015 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships will be available on mobile devices in the United States for the first time.
This year’s championships take place in Falun, Sweden, from 18 February to 1 March. Ericsson will use its existing solution on top of its Service Enablement Platform plus Mediaroom Reach TV Anywhere solutions to make live broadcast feeds from the event in Falun accessible via the Live Arena Falun2015 app, developed by Tension Graphics.
As the digital experience partner to the 2015 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships in Falun, Ericsson has delivered a platform called Ericsson Networked Event that collects a vast amount of data and information from and around the championships. The information is made available to developers through APIs that make it possible for third-party developers to create apps and interactive webpages that offer a unique second screen experience for ski fans and followers of the championships.
Together with the U.S. Ski Team, the broadcasting rights owner in the U.S., Ericsson can now offer this experience to the North American market. Through two different apps, fans and followers of the championships will get detailed information and a better experience of all competitions.
Michael Jaquet, Chief Marketing Officer at the U.S. Ski Team, said, “The U.S. Ski Team invested in the U.S. rights to the World Championships in order to ensure that our fans in America would have the opportunity to watch the action live. With its innovative Live Arena app, Ericsson is an outstanding partner to help deliver the event to the USA.”
Cecilia Atterwall, Head of Strategy, Marketing and Communications at Global Services, Ericsson, said, “We envisage a Networked Society in which connectivity is the starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating and socialising. As the digital experience partner for the 2015 FIS Nordic World Ski Championships, we’re excited about the opportunity to demonstrate – together with the U.S. Ski Team – a very practical example of the Networked Society in action.”
- Hong Kong FILMART Online to open on 15 March 82 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Medialink granted exclusive distribution rights to ‘TSUKIMICHI -Moonlight Fantasy-‘ and ‘Joran The Princess of Snow and Blood’ from Nippon TV in Asia territories excluding Korea 40 views | posted on March 8, 2021
- Lee Seung-gi makes K-drama comeback with ‘Mouse’ to be aired on tvN 37 views | posted on March 3, 2021
- Encore Singapore off to a flying start 37 views | posted on March 4, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- 25th Asian Television Awards spotlight: ATA Director S.S. Vikneshwaran by Monina Eugenio | posted on December 28, 2020
- The 25th Asian Television Awards receives nominations from across the Asia Pacific by TVA Editor | posted on December 16, 2020