Paris – Marriott International, Inc., has been named MIPTV’s 2015 Brand of the Year in recognition of its highly innovative all-screens initiative through its global Content Studio.
MIPTV 2015 will host the Brand of the Year Award for the 5th edition reflecting how video marketing and branded entertainment have become an integral part of brands’ strategies and an opportunity for the entertainment business.
The Marriott Global Content Studio is dedicated to publishing, distributing and sharing digital content across multiple platforms and all screens, in partnership with producers and creators both from traditional and digital media. To further the company’s focus on next-generation travellers and to drive new business, the studio aims to own original content marketing as both a travel company and a worldwide community.
As part of the Brand of the Year recognition, Karin Timpone, Marriott International’s Global Marketing Officer, and David Beebe, VP, Marriott Global Content Studio, will lead a MIPTV keynote on Tuesday 14 April. The panel will also include a producer and some of the talent involved in the Marriott Content Studio productions. The Marriott keynote session will be part of the MIP Digital Fronts programme, bringing together the new video ecosystem with the TV industry.
In the wake of the creation of Marriott’s Global Content Studio, the company has announced a string of talent partnerships to feed its global content pipeline.
In one of many production development deals, Marriott’s recently-announced first short film, Two Bellmen, is a collaboration with renowned dance, parkour, extreme sports, martial arts, and music collective Substance Over Hype. Directed by Daniel “Malakai” Cabrera, Two Bellmen features the landmark JW Marriott Los Angeles L.A. LIVE as a “character” in the film. The short film’s production started on 6 January, and stars William Spencer (Spider-Man; Spider-Man 2) and Caine Sinclair (NBC’s Grimm; How I Met Your Mother) as The Bellmen. The cast also includes Henry Simmons (Marvel: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.); Miles Brown aka Baby Boogaloo (ABC’s Black-ish); Sophina Brown (Shark; Numb3rs; The Good Wife); noted B-boy dancer Josue “Beastmode” Figueroa (Southland, Step Up Revolution); Josue Antonio (Step Up series; The LXD); Taryn Southern (The Single Life); and So You Think You Can Dance hip hop legend, Stephen “tWitch” Boss (Step Up films; So You Think You Can Dance; Magic Mike XXL), as well as other amazing talents from Substance Over Hype. Two Bellmen will also feature cameos by AMP Live, Scarub, and Fingazz.
In another development deal, Marriott is collaborating with producers Ian Sander and Kim Moses of Sander/Moses Productions/SLAM to develop a branded digital project together. Sander/Moses have an astonishing 11 TV series (including Ghost Whisperer and Profiler), four feature films (including D.O.A.), and dozens of digital projects to their credit.
Other projects include The Navigator Live, a Renaissance Hotels TV series distributed on AXS TV, produced in partnership with AEG.
- DreamWorks launches its brand-new virtual world, Dream Heroes 87 views | posted on June 15, 2021
- New Smithsonian Channel series ‘Dogs With Extraordinary Jobs’ features dogs working to make the world a better place 82 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- Cignal TV, TV5, Smart, and PLDT join forces to deliver multi-platform world-class coverage of the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 79 views | posted on June 14, 2021
- NTV strikes deal with Walter Presents for ‘Murderous Fever’ 44 views | posted on June 14, 2021
Asian Television Awards
- Here are your winners for the 25th Asian Television Awards – Day One by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 16, 2021
- The 25th Asian Television Awards ends on a high note with Entertainment and Performance Category winners announced by Monina Eugenio | posted on January 17, 2021
- The Asian Television Awards announces Facebook as official industry partner by TVA Editor | posted on May 11, 2021
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020