Denver, Colorado – Liberty Global plc and Virgin Media announced that Dana Strong, Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) of Virgin Media, has been tapped to take on a new role within Liberty Global. Effective 31 January, Strong will assume the position of Senior Vice President, Chief Transformation Officer for Liberty Global. In this role, Strong will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) Mike Fries and will join Liberty Global’s Executive Management Committee.
Dana Strong joined the company in 1999 and held numerous positions before becoming COO for Virgin Media, including CEO of UPC Ireland and COO of AUSTAR Entertainment in Australia. In her new role, Strong will work with Fries on identifying the strategic and operational opportunities that will shape the success of Liberty Global’s business over the coming years.
Fries commented, “Having delivered exceptional value creation over the last five years, it is the perfect time to identify and execute the strategic and operational opportunities that will shape Liberty Global’s success over the next five years. This is one of my highest priorities and I am delighted to have Dana Strong join me and my executive team as a change-agent in that effort. Dana brings with her a unique blend of strategic and operational knowledge, which will be a great asset in this new role.”
- Meet the K-drama stars of the new series ‘Kairos’ on #TwitterBlueroom Live before its premiere 136 views | posted on October 23, 2020
- Asian storytelling, reimagined: New genres, fresh opportunities for Asian creators at the Singapore Media Festival 2020 47 views | posted on October 21, 2020
- Hotstar launches in Singapore with exclusive streaming of the Dream11 IPL 2020 Playoffs and Final 43 views | posted on October 20, 2020
- Abacus Media Rights appoints distribution sales expert Hana Palmer as Head of Sales 37 views | posted on October 21, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020