Endemol, the world’s independent production and distribution company, announced that it is entering into an exclusive first-look development and distribution deal with UK producer Amber Television.
The three year deal will see Endemol provide development funding and deficit financing in return for exclusive first-look distribution rights on Amber Television output.
Ileen Maisel and Lawrence Elman joined forces in 2009 as Directors of Amber. By combining their extensive experience in the film industry, Maisel and Elman focus on the acquisition of intellectual property rights of literary works and the production of feature films, documentaries, television series and content for digital platforms. The company has also created strategic partnerships with publishing houses like Penguin to develop and create new and innovative ways of content distribution.
Recent Amber projects include Romeo and Juliet, adapted by Julian Fellows, released on 11 October in the UK and U.S. and Molly Moon and the Incredible Book of Hypnotism, a new film based on the best-selling books by Georgia Byng. Upcoming productions include Stratton: First into action starring Henry Cavill, London’s Falling, directed by Simon Aboud, and The Perfect Assassin, adapted by Andy Briggs and fully financed by SND, France.
- Global Agency announces new sales for rom-com series ‘Daydreamer’ 10.1k views | posted on October 27, 2020
- BBC Studios announces deal with Discovery Inc. for ‘Top Gear’ catalogue in Japan 67 views | posted on October 26, 2020
- CNN International Commercial appoints Rob Bradley and Cathy Ibal to lead ‘Audience First’ strategy 49 views | posted on October 29, 2020
- ITV Studios presents its exciting content slate at its inaugural Fall Festival 40 views | posted on October 26, 2020
Asian Television Awards
- Asian Television Awards to hold its 25th awards ceremony in Phnom Penh, Cambodia by Monina Eugenio | posted on July 7, 2020
- Asian Television Awards broadcaster spotlight: Bangkok Broadcasting & T.V. Co., Ltd. by Monina Eugenio | posted on August 15, 2020